hacker.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
How Has Hacking Effected Your Life?

 
Reply to topic    hacker.org Forum Index » The Hacker's Server View previous topic
View next topic
How Has Hacking Effected Your Life?
Author Message
Ellx47



Joined: 01 Jan 2011
Posts: 6

Post How Has Hacking Effected Your Life? Reply with quote
I have some questions for the more experienced hackers:

(1) How has hacking enhanced or improved your life?

(2) What is a lesson you learned during your hacking experience that altered or otherwise significantly change your life? Have there been many such lessons in your time hacking?

(3) If you were going to give one piece of advice about hacking to a newbie, what would it be?

(4) If you were going to give someone advice on how to lead a meaningful and fulfilling life, what would you say?

One of the aspects of life I like to look at is how peoples pursuits, hobbies, and interests make meaningful impacts on their life. I believe that regardless of what ones pursuit is there are lessons that can be learned which effect and often improve the persons overall life. As someone who has been interested in hacking for a few year I'm curious to hear the wisdom those that have devoted themselves to this study have to share.
Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:06 pm View user's profile Send private message
Liidian



Joined: 05 Jun 2009
Posts: 202
Location: Guess

Post Re: How Has Hacking Effected Your Life? Reply with quote
Ellx47 wrote:
I have some questions for the more experienced hackers:
(3) If you were going to give one piece of advice about hacking to a newbie, what would it be?

Don't hack, it's just not worth it.

_________________
The whole "system" is a number of people creating a code all together, this code loops and is there for a "system".
System Zero could also be confirmed with one word "Hacker's"
Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:48 pm View user's profile Send private message
Ellx47



Joined: 01 Jan 2011
Posts: 6

Post Re: How Has Hacking Effected Your Life? Reply with quote
Liidian wrote:
Don't hack, it's just not worth it.
It's cool you replied Smile but now I'm curious why you feel that way?
Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:02 pm View user's profile Send private message
CodeX



Joined: 17 Oct 2008
Posts: 350

Post Reply with quote
it probably has something to do with the fact Liidian couldn't tell the difference between a hack and an orange
Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:22 pm View user's profile Send private message
baha'a



Joined: 02 Jan 2010
Posts: 88

Post Reply with quote
CodeX wrote:
it probably has something to do with the fact Liidian couldn't tell the difference between a hack and an orange


lol

@Ellx47: maybe this can give you some data about your question.

_________________
--
Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:29 pm View user's profile Send private message
Zaffron



Joined: 18 Dec 2008
Posts: 491
Location: Invading a small country

Post Re: How Has Hacking Effected Your Life? Reply with quote
Liidian wrote:
Ellx47 wrote:
I have some questions for the more experienced hackers:
(3) If you were going to give one piece of advice about hacking to a newbie, what would it be?

Don't hack, it's just not worth it.



Fuck dude, are you STILL trolling this poor site?

_________________
Read, know, do. Discuss topics of ANY kind, including unconventional or taboo topics. Free speech, open minds, alternative thinking. http://www.totse2.com
Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:33 am View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
plope0726



Joined: 15 Dec 2008
Posts: 826

Post Reply with quote
liidian is a homo.

Thought I'd add some productive content to this thread. Wink
Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:54 am View user's profile Send private message
adkatrit



Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 1

Post Re: How Has Hacking Effected Your Life? Reply with quote
[quote="Ellx47"]I have some questions for the more experienced hackers:

(1) How has hacking enhanced or improved your life?

(2) What is a lesson you learned during your hacking experience that altered or otherwise significantly change your life? Have there been many such lessons in your time hacking?

(3) If you were going to give one piece of advice about hacking to a newbie, what would it be?

(4) If you were going to give someone advice on how to lead a meaningful and fulfilling life, what would you say?

One of the aspects of life I like to look at is how peoples pursuits, hobbies, and interests make meaningful impacts on their life. I believe that regardless of what ones pursuit is there are lessons that can be learned which effect and often improve the persons overall life. As someone who has been interested in hacking for a few year I'm curious to hear the wisdom those that have devoted themselves to this study have to share.[/quote]
Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:10 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
SinistraD



Joined: 16 Aug 2009
Posts: 89
Location: find me

Post Re: How Has Hacking Effected Your Life? Reply with quote
Ellx47 wrote:
(1) How has hacking enhanced or improved your life?

Once there was a contest for a party, ppl could become members (meaning free entrance for every occasion) by playing games. The result was made based on lame online polls. Some of my acquaintances competed so I thought hacking the poll would help them. Since then a few look up to me, for being cool, capable of these stuffs.

I also made a course about web hacking on my university with an audience of about 20 ppl, they said it was really fun (maybe just because I was the one asking), anyway I made quite a few friends there as well.

I also hacked a great (and also quite big, community of 50 000) website many times, so I became a co-worker for that team. On how I did some of it you can read on my blog, if interested.

And many other little things. Hacking is fun. The feeling of success is equal to an orgasm.

Ellx47 wrote:
(3) If you were going to give one piece of advice about hacking to a newbie, what would it be?

Be patient. And read a lot. About everything.

Ellx47 wrote:
(4) If you were going to give someone advice on how to lead a meaningful and fulfilling life, what would you say?

Thats easy. Be creative. Get a few good ideas and work on them hard. It's enough for only one of them to pay off. Create websites with unique content, or copy others ideas enhanced with yours, create games, applications, write books, create videos, make music and so on. Just be creative. Having many hobbies will certainly give you a fulfilling life.
Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:24 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
pedromalta



Joined: 13 Apr 2011
Posts: 22
Location: Vila Velha

Post Reply with quote
Quote:
(1) How has hacking enhanced or improved your life?


Nerd is the new sexy, as The Big Bang Theory says... There actually girls that likes smart guys... perharps they think you'll get rich with it, i don't know, and, despite my curiosity nature, i don't want to know. So, i dated some nice girls mainly because i was the smartest guy on the table.

I saved a lot of bucks hacking some of my stuff, like guitar effects and amp, my car engine and sound, my house antennas, some networks, and some other stuff

Quote:
(2) What is a lesson you learned during your hacking experience that altered or otherwise significantly change your life? Have there been many such lessons in your time hacking?


Simple is best, there's always a simple, therefore faster and more inteligent way of doing things...
I use it in my life for almost all my choices, does it work? is it simple enough?

Code:
(3) If you were going to give one piece of advice about hacking to a newbie, what would it be?


If you want to hide something, put it in the more obvious place! it saves time!

Code:
(4) If you were going to give someone advice on how to lead a meaningful and fulfilling life, what would you say?


Be simple, don't depend on much, don't expect much of anything but yourself, that way you enjoy every aspect of your interactions with the world[/quote]

_________________
sudo apt-get a life
Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:07 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
alternateblackhat



Joined: 05 Dec 2009
Posts: 74

Post Re: How Has Hacking Effected Your Life? Reply with quote
(1) How has hacking enhanced or improved your life?

Im more secure on my computer and what my computer is open to. also meeting a good group of people.

(2) What is a lesson you learned during your hacking experience that altered or otherwise significantly change your life? Have there been many such lessons in your time hacking?

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

(3) If you were going to give one piece of advice about hacking to a newbie, what would it be?

if you want to program, first find out what you want to do before you dive head first into a language. and for the people who want to do the IT side of it, set up a VB or a dummy computer you can tool with. dont go to a local borders to try out your new found skills.

(4) If you were going to give someone advice on how to lead a meaningful and fulfilling life, what would you say?

live the life to how you want it....
Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:52 pm View user's profile Send private message
CodeX



Joined: 17 Oct 2008
Posts: 350

Post Reply with quote
  1. Got loads of free stuff
  2. Free stuff is good, so get as much as you can
  3. Go get all the free stuff and enjoy it, because it's free
  4. The best things is life are free (aside from their overheads of sorts)
trololol, but yea
free stuff is good
Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:49 am View user's profile Send private message
Neoman121



Joined: 04 May 2011
Posts: 2

Post Reply with quote
CodeX wrote:
it probably has something to do with the fact Liidian couldn't tell the difference between a hack and an orange


And theres a big difference between hacking and cracking. I'm really a newbie but this is something that could be important that I know. Hackers are people that are curious and don't want to cause trouble but want to get into the code and find out the flaws and learn about it. Crackers are people that want to get into a system and destroy it for the fun of it. Or maybe they are getting paid. But thats illegal and should not be done. But be careful as a hacker to because there are people that have gotten in a lot of trouble just for entering a system and leaving everything exactly how it was. Just for being curious. So have fun hacking. And stay out of cracking. Cool Peace.
Fri May 06, 2011 6:21 pm View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:    
Reply to topic    hacker.org Forum Index » The Hacker's Server All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to: 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Design by Freestyle XL / Flowers Online.