hacker.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Stuck

Reply to topic    hacker.org Forum Index » Runaway Robot Puzzle View previous topic
View next topic
Stuck
mukanga

Post Stuck Reply with quote
Hey guys,

I'm trying to make a good program to solve this puzzle, but anytime I try to make an improvement, it seems like it gets worse.
Right now i'm doing some preprocess on the board but i think it's not too much... Then i made a DF search algorithm so i could find the rigth path, but it's taking ages at level 200

Can someone PM me to give me some hints on pre-processing or even on a better algorithm?
I'd be grateful..
Wink
Thu May 19, 2011 10:51 pm View user's profile Send private message
uws8505

Post Reply with quote
Try to find a decent idea while solving lower level puzzles (likely 50~80) by hand. Once you get it, it takes just a few minutes or hours to code and less than a whole day to totally beat this puzzle.

In my case, I got the idea at almost the beginning and solved by hand until 70 or so, and then it became too time-consuming with pencil/paper, so I started to code. It worked straight through until the final level without any optimization.
Thu May 19, 2011 11:48 pm View user's profile Send private message
mukanga

Post Reply with quote
Firs of all, thankls for replying so fast...
I'm starting now my college exams so I don't have to much time to solve levels by hand... But as soon as a get time, I'll try it, thanks.
In the meanwhile, if any one has some more tips, i'd be apreciated if you could share..

[Keep On Learning]
Fri May 20, 2011 12:36 am View user's profile Send private message
jonik555

Post Reply with quote
try "divide et impera" Smile

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:53 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    hacker.org Forum Index » Runaway Robot Puzzle All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: