RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Didactic text 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Reply to topic    hacker.org Forum Index » Challenges View previous topic
View next topic
Didactic text 2
Stingrey

Post Reply with quote
those numbers are really provided enough information, I worked on this for nearly one day
Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:34 am View user's profile Send private message
fragman

Post Reply with quote
Just solved it basically by putting it out of my mind for some time (a month) and approaching it again afterwards.

It's not really "easy", but the decoding is REALLY simple. Once you have the numbers you don't need any book anymore.
Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:19 am View user's profile Send private message
Epiq

Post Reply with quote
Oh my... Thank you guys for pointing out that the solution is simple enough Very Happy

For those who got as far as to reading my comment: characters 4 and 6 are the same, and characters 5, 10 and 11 are the same as well Smile

If even this does not help, then take a moment to switch to a cup of coffee Smile
Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:59 pm View user's profile Send private message
speedfire

Post Reply with quote
Haha finally after 2 hours !!! But if you didn't try to find the sentence and instantly understood about the book! Haha good luck ! And I confirm it. When you have the numbers it's easy to find the answer but I know sometimes you want to do something too complicated ^^
Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:34 pm View user's profile Send private message
lejpolo

Post Reply with quote
Maybe Epiq is helping too much...but he's right...you must be very desperate to get here :D I almost gave myself a headshot. A very handful crypto though...:)
Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:43 pm View user's profile Send private message
Thulsadum

Post Reply with quote
After I read the first two sides of posting, I got it by first attempt! Very Happy

Unfortunately, I tried some cryptanalysis in before. :/

Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:30 am View user's profile Send private message
karsmars

Post This is final hint you should need Reply with quote
Epiq wrote:

For those who got as far as to reading my comment: characters 4 and 6 are the same, and characters 5, 10 and 11 are the same as well Smile

If even this does not help, then take a moment to switch to a cup of coffee Smile

Okay, this is an amazing hint. Look at the hint, and then look at the list of numbers in earlier posts!!!
You really should be able to get it after this. Smile

By the way, as mentioned in earlier posts, the word will just "resemble" an English word, (sort of sound like one) but it is certainly not a real word.
Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:54 pm View user's profile Send private message
magnus

Post Reply with quote
An Urban Dictionary is helpful when you are not english (or american) native-speaking.
For me - as a german - i've never heard of that word before.
Wed May 15, 2013 10:34 am View user's profile Send private message
Juantxi

Post You said simple, its hell easy! Reply with quote
Been working on it for like 2hours, and read the whole thread to find a clue on what to do after i had tried everything... but no, i hadnt tried the easiest solution ever and the most stupid one, and yes, its easy to find the answer as a non native speaker, and although some gave too much hint, i almost killed myself when i got the answer!
Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:02 pm View user's profile Send private message
tutle003

Post Reply with quote
I feel dumb... just now got it... I'll toss a hint- it's the punchline to a very bad, and politically incorrect joke. Don't be discouraged if it appears as if the spelling is wrong. Chances are, it isn't.
Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:36 pm View user's profile Send private message
snoopy1alpha

Post Reply with quote
Epiq wrote:
Oh my... Thank you guys for pointing out that the solution is simple enough Very Happy

OK, I don't like this challenge . . . But your hint made me solve it. Thank you very much!
Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:08 pm View user's profile Send private message
eskombro

Post Reply with quote
Well, I finallt got it... Although a simple google search led me to the book and the numbers, I didn't know how to go to the next step... But yea, the "english word" is really a trcky thing, if your not native speaker (as me) but if you get in the rigth track, you will find that the word is really similar to an english word and you will know its rigth... And the hints given here are more that enough, but yet, sometimes it is kind of hard to think simple... so think simple, and as they say, you have enough information with those numbers, and even more... Smile
Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:26 pm View user's profile Send private message
DaveSofie

Post Reply with quote
Epiq wrote:

Thanks, this gave me a clue.....
Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:26 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    hacker.org Forum Index » Challenges All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: