hacker.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Advanced batch programming!!? (intemixing perl)

 
Reply to topic    hacker.org Forum Index » The Hacker's Server View previous topic
View next topic
Advanced batch programming!!? (intemixing perl)
Author Message
Grand_Master



Joined: 18 Aug 2008
Posts: 80
Location: Sweden

Post Advanced batch programming!!? (intemixing perl) Reply with quote
I've always laught when peoples have said that they're expert in batch. (When they can make a batch-file that copies itself to autostart folder and reboot the system.)
But at the end I thought that I should learn batch, just to make some simple cmd-scripts. Maybe I could get some use for it some time. Besides it shouldn't take a lot of time to learn it properly.

Then I found this:
http://www.infionline.net/~wtnewton/batch/batguide.html#7c

"Intermixing Perl and Batch", it said.

I don't know anything about perl, but if perl is a "real" programming language, maybe batch could be of some serious use.
What's the possibilities of perl?
Should I spend some of my time to learn batch, perl, and this intermixing technique?
(I'm currently studying C++ and Java, so I don't know.)

_________________
"Learn, grow, teach."
Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:32 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
macros



Joined: 27 Aug 2008
Posts: 18

Post Re: Advanced batch programming!!? (intemixing perl) Reply with quote
I don't know it's nessasary to learn perl or no. I want to know this oneself Very Happy

PS Do you work with UNIX? Can you recommend me a good book about UNIX?
Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:58 pm View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Downstairs



Joined: 19 Aug 2008
Posts: 16
Location: Sweden

Post Reply with quote
Quote:
I've always laught when peoples have said that they're expert in batch. (When they can make a batch-file that copies itself to autostart folder and reboot the system.)
But at the end I thought that I should learn batch, just to make some simple cmd-scripts. Maybe I could get some use for it some time. Besides it shouldn't take a lot of time to learn it properly.

Then I found this:
http://www.infionline.net/~wtnewton/batch/batguide.html#7c

"Intermixing Perl and Batch", it said.

I don't know anything about perl, but if perl is a "real" programming language, maybe batch could be of some serious use.
What's the possibilities of perl?
Should I spend some of my time to learn batch, perl, and this intermixing technique?
(I'm currently studying C++ and Java, so I don't know.)


I have no experience of perl but it's mostly used to make CGI-scripts on webpages.

yes, I guess you can say that perl is a programming language but it can't make .exe:s Sad
you must have a perl-interpretor to use the code.

batch on the other hand is a great scripting language to fulfill your programs with.
I think it's always a good idea to know some basic commands.

I hope u'll get a good answer to this question Razz

Quote:
I don't know it's nessasary to learn perl or no. I want to know this oneself

PS Do you work with UNIX? Can you recommend me a good book about UNIX?


Go to the library, there's always something good in there.
Try to find 'UNIX for dummies'. the 'for dummies' books are good for beginners ( like me Wink )

_________________
::Downstairs
Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:01 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
macros



Joined: 27 Aug 2008
Posts: 18

Post Reply with quote
Quote:

Go to the library, there's always something good in there.
Try to find 'UNIX for dummies'. the 'for dummies' books are good for beginners ( like me Wink )


Phanks. I found many books about Unix already.

_________________
cool photos and wallpapers
Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:41 am View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Display posts from previous:    
Reply to topic    hacker.org Forum Index » The Hacker's Server All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to: 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Design by Freestyle XL / Flowers Online.