hacker.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Let's raise the level cap

Reply to topic    hacker.org Forum Index » Mortal Coil View previous topic
View next topic
Let's raise the level cap
LudemeGames

Post Let's raise the level cap Reply with quote
There are now 3 competitors that have solved a 2k square. It's time to start the race to 10k.

Presently the incremental size increase of a level is small compared to the overall size of the level. I suggest incrementing the level size by 50 until 5k, and then by 125 to 10k for a total of 100 more levels.

I've been continuing to make improvements to my solver since hitting the level cap, and still have a lot more work to do, so I don't think these challenge sizes would be *quite* unreasonable to solve with diligence.
Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:12 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
LudemeGames

Post Reply with quote
Hmm... I've generated some large levels myself in the interim, and it looks like you may want to implement a board64 (analagous to qpath) if you are ever to host such large boards. The 10k square weights in at a whopping 95 MB.

board64 would just treat . and X as binary 0 and 1 respectively, and then encode the value in base64. Here's the related .net documentation - https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dhx0d524(v=vs.110).aspx

That would cut the size down to a more manageable < 2MB, and is very simple.
Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:14 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Hckr

Post Reply with quote
you have my vote
Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:53 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    hacker.org Forum Index » Mortal Coil All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: