hacker.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reverse Enginnering

Reply to topic    hacker.org Forum Index » The Hacker's Server View previous topic
View next topic
Reverse Enginnering
anicoolrocks

Post Reverse Enginnering Reply with quote
hey anybody knowing sonthing about reverse enginnering on softwares ... Exclamation Cool

I tell you that its extracting source code form exe file's Cool

Does anybody know how to do it ...? Question Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:46 am View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
livinskull

Post Reply with quote
Yep. I know. So what? Razz

Btw, RE doesnt mean "extracting source code"....
It's about disassembling and understanding the programs assembly...
Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:35 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
plope0726

Post Reply with quote
livinskull wrote:
Yep. I know. So what? Razz

Btw, RE doesnt mean "extracting source code"....
It's about disassembling and understanding the programs assembly...

Quite right, once it's assembled into a binary, you can't "extract the source code". You have to put everything back together piece by piece from machine language.
Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:26 pm View user's profile Send private message
azelmj

Post a Reply with quote
Hey guys, is it okay to use Cheat Engine for this? that way you can see the program structure without changing anything..
Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:11 am View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
koolpop0

Post Re: a Reply with quote
azelmj wrote:
Hey guys, is it okay to use Cheat Engine for this? that way you can see the program structure without changing anything..

i suppose if you were very pro with it you could

if you have a full understanding of cheat engine that is (as well as reverse engineering)

i have no practice with reverse engineering but my guess is that the memory editor in cheat engine could be used for this task

i would google it personally

"reverse engineering with cheat engine"

Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:56 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
plope0726

Post Re: a Reply with quote
koolpop0 wrote:
azelmj wrote:

i suppose if you were very pro with it you could

if you have a full understanding of cheat engine that is (as well as reverse engineering)

i have no practice with reverse engineering but my guess is that the memory editor in cheat engine could be used for this task

i would google it personally

"reverse engineering with cheat engine"

You can do it with any debugger really. Hacking, The Art of Exploitation covers this in the first chapter on programming. You need to be able to understand the different assembly commands and how to analyze memory
Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:45 pm View user's profile Send private message
Zaffron

Post Reply with quote
I analyze memory by remembering where my wallet is. I need a refresher course...
Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:24 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
koolpop0

Post Reply with quote
Zaffron wrote:
I analyze memory by remembering where my wallet is. I need a refresher course...

lmao

Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:17 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LarsH

Post Reply with quote
I `know' reverse engineering. More exactly, I can read assembler and se what higher-level instructions that it compiled from.

If you are using a *nix based system go for tools like gdb, strace, ltrace and objdump. If you are using windo$, try ollydbg.

A good way to start is to disassemble your own programs to se how your own code compiled. By reading and understanding how it works you gradually get a feeling for how to do it. But it is a skill to learn, just like biking, and it takes some time. Good luck. =)
Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:41 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    hacker.org Forum Index » The Hacker's Server All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: