hacker.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Current Level

Reply to topic    hacker.org Forum Index » OneOfUs View previous topic
View next topic
Current Level
Flit

Post Current Level Reply with quote
I'm wondering it it would be possible to put the current level somewhere in the source. It would make it a bit easier then when trying out different code.

Mostly just so the code can spot the crossover from single digit to double digit at level 242. Changing the earlier levels to use two digits would also have the same effect.

Cheers.
Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:19 am View user's profile Send private message
DaymItzJack

Post Reply with quote
<br><br><div style="clear:both"><form action=index.php method=get><input type="text" name="gotolevel" size="3" value="4" />

value="4" is the level that you can advance to furthest.
Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:00 am View user's profile Send private message
Flit

Post Reply with quote
Hi DaymItzJack, thanks for the reply.

I realise that the highest level is shown, what I was refering to was the current level.

For example, if I'm up to level 100 but go back to level 50 the text box will still show 100. There isn't any way to obtain the level of the current puzzle from the source.

Cheers.
Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:07 am View user's profile Send private message
DaymItzJack

Post Reply with quote
Flit wrote:
Hi DaymItzJack, thanks for the reply.

I realise that the highest level is shown, what I was refering to was the current level.

For example, if I'm up to level 100 but go back to level 50 the text box will still show 100. There isn't any way to obtain the level of the current puzzle from the source.

Cheers.
It may be a stupid work-around but for now you can check when the data gets over a certain length. I haven't gotten far (at all yet) but I'd have to assume the data for the last single digit is half as long as the data for the first double digit.
Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:39 am View user's profile Send private message
Flit

Post Reply with quote
DaymItzJack that is a great idea. Like so many good ideas it's obvious once someone points it out to me. Smile

It doesn't help with knowing the exact level, but it does mean I won't need to have two versions of code, one for low levels, one for high.

With common sense like that I'm sure you'll be zooming through the levels pretty quickly.

Cheers.
Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:53 am View user's profile Send private message
DaymItzJack

Post Reply with quote
Flit wrote:
DaymItzJack that is a great idea. Like so many good ideas it's obvious once someone points it out to me. Smile

It doesn't help with knowing the exact level, but it does mean I won't need to have two versions of code, one for low levels, one for high.

With common sense like that I'm sure you'll be zooming through the levels pretty quickly.

Cheers.
I've already zoomed the past two months. I took a break and now I'm totally out of the game because I don't want to do it anymore ;p. However once I get spiral bits done I'll have more challenges that I can solve.
Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:28 am View user's profile Send private message
Zeta

Post Reply with quote
attribute_length = len(board) / x / y / 2
Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:41 am View user's profile Send private message
Flit

Post Reply with quote
Zeta wrote:
attribute_length = len(board) / x / y / 2

Me = dunce. Rolling Eyes
Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:55 pm View user's profile Send private message
Hippo

Post Reply with quote
Of course the atribute length trick works well, but having the current level on the page would help anyways.
Thu May 28, 2015 7:55 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    hacker.org Forum Index » OneOfUs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: