hacker.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
hacker.org revival

Reply to topic    hacker.org Forum Index » The Hacker's Server View previous topic
View next topic
hacker.org revival
outsider

Post hacker.org revival Reply with quote
Hello everybody here!

I got really nostalgic recently: This site great and I want it to stay alive.

So I thought: Maybe it's time for a rebirth?

My aim is to reimplement the challenges, make it open source and modernize the UI (a bit). I want to keep it very close to the original content.

You can see the project here: https://github.com/Entkenntnis/hacker.org. The project has just started, expect it to take some time to progress.

Anyway, if are any concerns about copyright, etc. I am open to suggestions. Currently, I am licensing the project as MIT and see it as great contribution to the open source world.

And just if you wonder: Solutions are stored as hashes, so you can not break (most) challenges by looking into the source code Very Happy
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:36 am View user's profile Send private message
teo2mirce

Post Reply with quote
So far it looks good.

If this is not just a small personal project, you should ask adum if he is ok with this (you can find his email in the forum) or another thing you could do is make css/js files to make the current website look modern and ask adum to put it on the website or make a chrome/firefox extension.
Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:55 pm View user's profile Send private message
outsider

Post Reply with quote
Adum gave me permission to reuse his texts, assets, etc. Thank you very much, adum!
Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:06 am View user's profile Send private message
outsider

Post Reply with quote
A small remark about this project: If you look closely, this site isn't really dead - there are still new people joining it, doing challenges, asking questions ... and adum is also reachable by mail.

Soooooo .... I have decided to pause my project for a open-source version of this site. It was fun to attempt it, but ultimately a lot of work that's not needed right now.

But - in case you speak german and you are interested in something new - you can check out my own version of a challenges server at https://hack.arrrg.de
Wed May 12, 2021 9:53 am View user's profile Send private message
AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

Post Reply with quote
"this site isn't really dead" - Well, it pretty much is. No new challenges or puzzles have been added in a very long time. A lot of stuff is broken by now and does not get fixed. I would call that pretty much dead to be honest.
Thu May 13, 2021 7:30 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    hacker.org Forum Index » The Hacker's Server All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: