hacker.org Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Game Rebalance and new SDK 389

Reply to topic    hacker.org Forum Index » BitBath View previous topic
View next topic
Game Rebalance and new SDK 389
adum

Post Game Rebalance and new SDK 389 Reply with quote
today i made a pretty major rebalance to the game: Grunts now only take 40% damage from Hovercraft. if you look at the top bots, they pretty much make nothing but hovercraft. the hovercraft are overpowered. discussing with other bot makers, we agreed the best fix was to make the Grunts take less damage against them. this will make Grunts much more useful, and in turn may bring Artillery into common use.

a new SDK contains this update.

happy hunting,
adum
Thu May 29, 2008 5:17 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Hephaestus

Post Reply with quote
Definitely a good decision.

I was considering where to take my bot next but didn't want to copy all the top bots with hovercraft spamming, now there is definitely more room for variability in tactics.

thanks for the good change. Very Happy
Thu May 29, 2008 12:44 pm View user's profile Send private message
adum

Post Reply with quote
cool, i'm looking forward to seeing new tactics =)

adum
Thu May 29, 2008 5:22 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
gorzak

Post Reply with quote
I am glad this was changed, hover craft were indeed too powerful. Now to update my bot.
Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:44 am View user's profile Send private message
MerickOWA

Post Reply with quote
gorzak wrote:
I am glad this was changed, hover craft were indeed too powerful. Now to update my bot.

Yea I'd agree. Not only were they the best average speed over the 3 kinds of terrain, but the longest attack range. A group of hovercraft could decimate anything before it had a chance to fire once.

Grunts having the shortest attack range didn't help either. Unless a grunt caught a hovercraft in the forest, it was still an even match on grass if the hovercraft ran away. The grunt would eventually catch the hovercraft, but only after taking lots of damage.
Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:30 pm View user's profile Send private message
agung

Post Re: Game Rebalance and new SDK 389 Reply with quote
adum wrote:
today i made a pretty major rebalance to the game: Grunts now only take 40% damage from Hovercraft. if you look at the top bots, they pretty much make nothing but hovercraft. the hovercraft are overpowered. discussing with other bot makers, we agreed the best fix was to make the Grunts take less damage against them. this will make Grunts much more useful, and in turn may bring Artillery into common use.

a new SDK contains this update.

happy hunting,
adum
Twisted Evil
Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    hacker.org Forum Index » BitBath All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: